Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Back mounting 605a duplex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Back mounting 605a duplex

    I found a pair of 605a's and I'm building an enclosure for them. I do not intend to make the back removeable, so each driver will have to sit on the outside of the baffle board. The backside of the mounting rim has ribs which project radially and will not allow the rim to sit flush with the baffle. I suppose I could slot the baffle to allow the rim to seat, but I'm still left with a funky detail to create a seal. I could slot and apply a thick cork gasket, I guess. I'm sure someone has a more elegant way.

    Care to share?

    Thanks for any input.
    Les

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member les winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2009
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Back mounting 605a duplex

    After researching the life out of this, I've arrived at an obvious solution:
    Rout a circular opening in the baffle slightly bigger than the OD of the driver.
    Front mount the driver to a separate plywood board that is 1-1/2"" larger in width and length than the opening in the baffle board using the original front gasket of the speaker as a seal.
    Put high quality self-stick foam on the separate board's back to act as a seal.
    Screw the separate board to the baffle.
    Done.

    If anyone has an alternate, I hope you will post it here to help out the next guy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.